CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 16, 2012

Monday Meals: Weekly Meal Plan

This week has been a little crazy around house (if you’ve read my posts this week you’ll know why). So, this week is pretty light in the cooking department. In fact, I’ve got to take my 5mos old and 20mos old back to the doctor this morning. It seems like its never-ending when you have 4 kids. The good news is we cannot get RSV again this season, so once we’re past this, we’re done! Praise the Lord!! So, our dinners may change depending on how the day goes and how my littles are doing.

But for now here is this week’s meal plan! If you don’t understand what I’ve described...ASK!!! Let me know if you try anything from my meal plan and how you liked it or changed it! I’m always open to new ideas!! Happy Planning and Happy Cooking!

Monday 1/16
Breakfast: Oatmeal
        Lunch: fishsticks or Ham ‘n Cheese, fruit, chips
        Dinner: BBQ chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans, garlic bread
Tuesday 1/17
        Breakfast: dry cereal (My kids’ favorite is Grape Nuts!)
        Lunch: Mac & Cheese (leftover from Sunday)
        Dinner: Ground Turkey Stroganoff w/ cream cheese (taken from this recipe. I just change the stew meat to ground turkey and the chopped onion to minced onion so my kids will eat it! )
Wednesday 1/18
        Breakfast: Poptarts
        Lunch: Chicken Nuggets, fruit, chips
        Dinner: Leftovers (this may seem strange to have leftovers in the middle of the week, but my actual shopping week is Wed-Tues, so that’s how I actually plan my meals. This is the last day of our “week” so we often have leftovers to clean out the fridge! And, its church night, so we eat & run.)
Thursday 1/19 (Dad’s day off!!!)
        Breakfast: Pancakes, bacon, eggs
Lunch: Cheese Quesdadillas
Dinner: Lemon-crumb chicken, corn on the cob
Friday 1/20
        Breakfast: Dry cereal
        Lunch: fishsticks or Ham n’ Cheese, fruit, chips
        Dinner: Homemade Bacon/Cheese pizza
Saturday 1/21
        Breakfast: Dry cereal or Oatmeal
        Lunch: Chicken nuggets, fruit, chips/pretzels
        Dinner: Tater-Tot Casserole, green beans
Sunday 1/22
        Breakfast: scrambled eggs with bacon & cheese (this is my go-to Sunday morning recipe)
        Lunch: a quick bite out then on to little T’s 3rd birthday party!!!
Dinner: Crock-pot White Chicken Enchiladas (the hubster is off tonight due to the birthday party.)

Well, there ya have it!! As you can probably tell, my kids are VERY PICKY eaters! I’m slowly working on them, but as I quickly figured outI can’t change their entire menu in one week. So, we’re trying new dinner dishes and seeing how those go for a while and then we’ll try changing up the lunches. My middles don’t like sandwiches (really the cold meats & sliced cheese is what they don’t like, but they’ll eat shredded cheese WEIRD!) and they don’t like certain kinds of pastas either. So, I try to sneak in new pastas when I can!

We’re getting thereslowly, but moving forward nonetheless. Meanwhile, I’m learning to enjoy the journey!!!

So, what’s on your Meal Plan for the week? Link up here and share your favorite recipes!!

Blessings,
Annette

No comments: