CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Scriptural Sundays: Proverbs 18:10

Photo Courtesy
“The name of the LORD is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe.” Proverbs 18:10

How do you continue on with life when everything else seems to be spinning out of control? How do you find strength in the midst of trial?

I can tell you right now, it is not easy! In fact, it’s down right tough!! Your life may not be perfect, but it’s good and then one daythat’s all gone.

Now, please here me out. It’s not that your life all of a sudden become this horrible mess, but it’s not what you’re accustomed to. You’re lost. You're wandering. So, how do you find your way back?

I can tell you with the utmost certainty that I would be absolutely LOST and in utter despair if I did NOT have my Faith in Jesus Christ to lean on!! My family and friends have been paramount during these past weeks. Our life will never be the same again. But, we will press on and move towards a new normal.

I am so thankful that the LORD is my one constant. No matter what else changes in my life, He is and was and always will be the same! And in that I can find rest, peace and safety.

I am also thankful for new blogging friends. Jacqueline put this verse in a comment a few weeks ago and it has really been a source of strength for me. Most of us know this verse well. But, it wasn't until I went through these past weeks with my Dad's illness and death that this verse really resonated with me.

I knew He was always with me. But, I've never felt His presence more than I have in the past few weeks. I may be sad, but I have a peace. A peace that literally passes all understanding. And in that...I am blessed!!

Blessings,
Annette


Linking up here:


Join us for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers!

These Five of Mine

the straightened path

3 comments:

Dottie said...

Hopping over via Heavenly Homemakers Gratituesday link to say hi. Thank you for sharing the verse.

Annette@InAllYouDo said...

Thanks for saying hi, Dottie! So glad you stopped by.

Kasey @ Walking Redeemed said...

I'm so glad you are able to draw strength from He who so freely offers it! May you feel those loving arms wrapped tightly around your hurting heart! Blessings, friend!