CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 10, 2012

52 Fridays: Week 10 Update




Here goes this week’s report. You can read more about my journey beginning with Week 1. Feel free to join me and Crystal in this journey.

  1. DAILY quiet time: I have been reading my daily emails, which I signed up for in January. I signed up at biblegateway.com to help me stay on track. There are several different programs to choose from and I am super excited to get into God’s Word this way!!! I have been enjoying these daily emails as they seem to give me a wonderful, but quick escape to my crazy, busy life with 4 kiddos! 
  1. Weekly weight loss: After being sick most of last week, I have managed to keep my portions under control. I find myself not as hungry anymore and find myself not going back for seconds. I am careful not to eat too many sweets (this is my real problem area). This past week we had our semi-annual Just Between Friends sale here and I found a Wii Fit Plus with the balance board for $45!!!! I was beyond thrilled! I have wanted one of these for quite a while now, but just couldn’t bring myself to pay the $100 for it in the store. I’m so glad I waited!!! I’ve set up my profile and done it once (we didn’t even hook it up until Thursday night) and I hope to make time in my day or evening to do this every day! BONUS: My oldest thinks this is just about the coolest “game” ever! 
  1. Vintage Remedies 8 weeks to Real Foods: Still getting rid of other foods so I can get started with this. It’s going to take quite a bit more planning than I originally thought. So, I hope to sit down this week and plan out some new meals that I think will transition the family smoothly. And with 4 young, picky-eater kiddos that’s no easy task! 

  1. Homeschool Fun: We started back up with school this week. It was slow going and a lot of drama, but we made it! We even did a few fun experiments this week. I saw on Facebook where you could get a broom to stand up all by itself because of the Vernal Equinox (First Day of Spring) approaching on March 20th. So, we thought we’d try it! AndIT WORKED!! Then, we tried the egg trick too. And it worked! Now, to be fair, I looked it up on the internet and it said that it is quite possible these both could be accomplished during other days of the year, so we’ll have to test that theory. Read more about it here. 
  1. Organization: I have fallen off the bandwagon in keeping up with my weekly emails from Home Storage Solutions. BUTthe good news is I have been organizing away this week! I have completely gone through all our summer clothes to finish getting them tagged for the next JBF sale I am consigning in. I also went through the winter tubs I had in the garage so they could be moved to the attic. Whew!! What a workout that was! I also completely cleaned out the girls’ closet of all clothing items and have moved all their toys in! Just one step closer to moving out some bigger furniture in their room that I was using for storage! And one step closer to moving in a twin bed for Miss Priss. Ugh!! I’m not sure I’m quite ready for that yet because she’s just growing up so fast! But, alasit must happen. 
  1. Staying caught up: Have I mentioned how much I love my central closet? Oh I do!!! I don’t know what I would do without it!! It really does make laundry go so much smoother! I am not running around the house trying to put things away between nap times and around kids, etc. This week I had some added loads of laundry with the purchases I made at JBF. Butbecause of my handy-dandy central closet it was really a cinch! I have stayed caught up on laundry and dishes. Not to mention the other housework too!! I am actually impressed with myself! 
  1. Blog changes: I am still working on the design of my blog and getting things just the way I want them before we go live. But, I hope to have everything up and running for a reveal on April 2nd!!!! I will give you all fair warning before hand so you can be ready for the launch! I can NOT even tell you how excited I am!

So, how are you doing in your quest this year? Are you becoming more DISCIPLINED or ORGANIZED? What steps are you taking to be more organized? What tips can you give those who are struggling in this area?

Thank you so much for stopping by today! Have a blessed weekend!

Blessings,
Annette

No comments: