CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 16, 2012

Thursday Thoughts: In a funk?


I found this just sitting on my computer. Although some of it is no longer true (I have found new reasons to write), I had to finish writing it. I know other people must have times like this too and I hope to minister to you who find yourself a little “lost” at times.

“I wish I was better at writing on this thing. I just haven't felt much like writing. It's been a hard couple months and I haven't found a lot I wanted to write about. Sadness seems to be around every corner and I'm hoping we are just getting the hard stuff for this year out of the way early.  It’s so easy to let life suck you in and get you down.  It's hard not to let Satan slip in and turn life's difficulties into more pain and sadness. I'm normally such an optimistic person.....to a fault.....and it's hard for me to feel down in the dumps. I'm great at faking a smile and pretending everything is ok......even when all I want to do is cry for a whole day. I can cry with the best of them when I'm happy or overjoyed, but sadness, pain, anger.......anything that makes me feel vulnerable, I bury it deep. Don't shed a tear. I'm really good at hiding my imperfections and keeping people thinking "she's got it all together".......she doesn't.  I'm really good at leaving my troubles at the door......even when i feel like I'm drowning in them.  I don't have these "funks" very often, thank goodness, but then again since they are so rare....I don't really know what to do when I get in one.” (Mid 2011)

(Continued 2012)
Then I am reminded....I am a daughter of THE King. No matter what I've done, what I'm going through....my value to Him is not diminished.  My debt is paid.  My pain has been felt. I have to learn to accept that and take advantage of the beautiful gift my Savior gave to me.  All of life's sorrows, pain, heartbreak, fear, anger and suffering......Christ felt it......experienced it.....a billion times over. I have to let it go. I have to do better. I have to allow His atoning sacrifice to work in my life. It wasn't just for my sins......it was for all of my pain. How can I deny this gift he so lovingly and selflessly gave? After all, even if I was the only one who needed saving......He still would have come for me.

Now, here me on this. I am not saying, you should completely forget about your sadness or deny your feelings. But, I am saying that if we don’t rely on our Heavenly Father to restore us and lift us up during those times, then who are we really? Are we really His child if we don’t run to Him with our problems?

My middles are completely attached to their own blankies. Whenever they get hurt, scared or tired they want to find those blankies. They want to hold them, cuddle them and rub on them. Those blankies make them feel safe. Protected. And most often, after they find their beloved blankies, they find Momma or Daddy. They want to know we’re here for them too.

Shouldn’t we treat our Heavenly Father the same way? When we have troubles, worries, hurtsshould we not run to His Word for wisdom, peace and comfort. He so desperately wants us to rely on Him and only Him. He will always be there with the right words, a peace that passes all understanding and His loving, comforting arms that hold us tight.

Allow His Word to be your “blankie”. Trust Him to do his part and He will never let you down. I promise!

Photo credit
“Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they?” Matthew 6:26 (NASB)
  
Blessings,
Annette

No comments: