CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 7, 2012

2012 Posting Schedule

Over the past few months, I’ve realized one main reason I wasn’t consistent with my blogging was I had no plan! I had not been intentional about topics and scheduling time to write. I decided I wanted that to change. Thus began a whirlwind of thoughts, ideas and topics in my head. So, I began jotting down things I enjoy, love, like and want to share with you, my readers. Here’s the list I came up with:

  • Cooking: tips, reviews, recipes
  • Homeschool: tips, observations, curriculum choices, methods, reviews
  • Housekeeping: maintaining a clean house in a busy, hectic family
  • Faith: thoughts on my daily devotions, lessons from my kids (cause we all know that happens now that we’re parents), observations from my daily reading, general thoughts
  • Organization: my thoughts, tips, tricks & observations as I strive to organize our home
  • Photography/Scrapbooking: digital pages I complete, tips on how to get started, tips on completing an album quickly & MORE!
  • Reviews: books I read, homeschool curricula, recipes, my week, DIY projects
  • Sewing/DIY projects: mostly things I find on Pinterest will go here
  • Tyler’s thoughts: this is something I would like to happen as he learns typing and where he can practice his creative writing skills.
WOW!!! After looking over the list I realized one thing…I like a LOT of things! So, I decided that I needed a schedule to make it more manageable. That’s where it became a little more difficult. I wanted to think of cute little names for each topic/heading and it just wasn’t flowing. I was getting frustrated and quickly. (I hate when I can’t think of cute things like I see on other blogs. Why can’t I be cute like that?) So, I decided I needed to pray about them and share my ideas with my husband to get his input and maybe he’d have some ideas. So, here’s what we’ve come up with so far (feel free to add your own cute names in the comments below. I’m open to change!):

  • Maid for Mondays: tips on housekeeping, keeping a busy house running smoothly and home organization.
  • Teachable Tuesdays: topics pertaining to Homeschooling
  • Baking Bits (Wednesdays): you guessed it – this day I will post about my cooking tips, reviews, recipes I’ve tried, our favorites, etc.
  • Thursday Thoughts: my reviews (ones that don’t fit in another category like Homeschooling), a funny quip from the week, lessons from my kids, etc. I’ll also post Tyler’s Thoughts here once we get him going (hopefully later this semester).
  • 52 Fridays (See yesterdays post for more on this) and Foto Fun: tips for recording your life through pictures and albums! (This is one of my most favorite hobbies, so I can’t wait to share it with you!)
  • Sew its Saturday: (hehe, I like this play on words…yes, I’m goofy!) Favorite pins from the week, DIY projects I’ve done with a review & tweaks, etc.
  • Scriptural Sundays: This is where I will post a short weekly devotion, a Scripture for the week and my thoughts.
So, whatcha think? I’m liking the names I came up with and I’m SUPER excited about where 2012 is going to take this blog and me!!! Will you join me?? What are your plans for 2012 - personally & as a blogger?

Blessings,
Annette

No comments: