CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Scriptural Sundays


“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.”
John 14:27



You ever have one of those weeks where you just know the evil one is trying his best to get to you? Yepthat was this past week. (Read more about it here.) Sometimes it just seems that everything you’ve come to expect and know in your life is spinning out of control. And, no matter how hard you try, you can’t stop it. It’s frustrating, annoying and down right mean if you ask me!

But, there is one thing I like about those weeks (if you want to call it a “like”). I like that those weeks refocus my faith and my trust in my heavenly Father. In my heart I always know He’s with me, every step and around every turn. But, it often takes a lot longer for that to make its way to my head. Sometimes my human side takes over and I can’t quit thinking about how different I thought things would turn out or how this tragedy seems so senseless. I start feeling sorry for myself and wallowing in my own self pity. Then, it’s like an unknown force smacks me upside the head and the pity and wallowing is done. I’m knocked back into reality. I’m reminded of my Faith and how much my God takes care of me. Even when it doesn’t seem to make sense He’s there!  His plan is always greater than ours! Thank goodness!! Cause I’ve had some not-so-great plans.

After the past few weeks of sickness, uncertainty and death I am so very thankful I have my Faith to lean on. I’m thankful I have a relationship with Jesus. And I’m thankful my God is in control and has a bigger plan at work. And, in thatthat I can find healing, peace and comfort.

Blessings,
Annette

No comments: