CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 23, 2012

Lemon-Crumb Chicken


Doesn't this look absolutely DELICIOUS?!

Okay, I knowTHREE posts in one day! It’s crazy!! But, I just had to share this recipe with you! I was looking through some old recipe files I had stored away on my computer and came across this delight. And what a delight it was tonight! YUM-O!!!! I must confess, however, that we did not have wheat bread, so I used white or reduced calorie Mayo, so I used regular. We also didn’t have minced parsley so I just added a little more than a Tbs of the flakes. But, TRUST MEyou’re going to want to try this recipe!! After we baked it and cut it up, I squeezed a little extra fresh lemon juice on my chicken. Ooohhh!!!! What a scrumptious taste it was!  We paired our meal with corn-on-the-cob tonight. It was a HUGE hit with the entire family too! The oldest came back several times for more (we had to cut him off!) and the middles both ate well too! This will definitely go in the FAVORITES section of my recipe binder!


 Lemon Crumb Chicken

2 slices whole wheat bread made into crumbs (1 cup)
1 Tbs Parmesan cheese grated
1 Tbs Minced parsley
1 Tbs grated lemon zest
4 (1/4#) boneless chicken breast
½ t salt
½ t pepper
2 Tbs. reduced calorie Mayo

Combine bread crumbs, cheese, parsley and lemon zest in medium bowl.  Transfer to a sheet of waxed paper.

Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.  Spread mayonnaise on both sides of chicken.  Coat chicken with bread crumb mixture.  Arrange on sprayed baking sheet.  Bake until crust is golden 2025 minutes @ 425 degrees.

Annette’s tip: To make bread crumbs, toast both slices of bread on a mid setting. Then, crumble them onto a baking sheet. Set your oven to broil and put them in for about 7-10 minutes. WATCH THEM CLOSELY so they don’t burn! After you take them out, just start tapping on them to make the crumbs even more fine crumbs.


Blessings,
Annette




UPDATED TIP: When talking with my husband about this recipe last night, we discussed how you could change up the ingredients a little and have several VERY tasty meals!!! Here's a few suggestions:
* Garlic-Lime chicken (just nix the parsley & lemon and sub garlic and lime)

* Parmesan Crusted Italian Chicken (sub Italian seasonings for parsley)
* Change up the meat and use FISH! (Parmesan crusted Tilapia, Cod or whatever!)

No comments: