CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 9, 2012

Monday Meals 9 Jan 2012

I plan to post our weekly meal plans every Monday in addition to my Maid for Monday post.  I’m working on re-vamping my site so I will have tabs, including a recipe tab that will also include prices (& where I shop for those prices).  Most of these recipes are ones I’ve found and tweaked. I also started using recipes I’ve pinned here and will review them Monday following the week we tried them (if they’re new to us or ones I haven’t reviewed on here yet). I have several different food categories on my Pinterest, so I’ll be sure to post the exact link to make it easier for you to find. But, while I’m at it – if you don’t have a Pinterest account, be sure to email me or comment below to request an invitation. TRUST ME – You won’t be sorry!!! I absolutely love, Love, LOVE this site!! I have pretty much anything and everything I could ever want in one place! I don’t have to search 50 million blogs or websites to find ideas for homeschooling, DIY crafts, gift ideas, decorating ideas (okay…I can’t decorate – that gift was not passed on from my mother, but I sure like to look!), recipes and SO. MUCH. MORE!!!! I’m sure once you take a look around Pinterest, you’ll become as addicted as I have! It’s just so much FUN!!

So, here’s this weeks meal plan! If you don’t understand what I’ve described – ASK!!! Let me know if you try anything from my meal plan and how you liked it or changed it! I’m always open to new ideas!! Happy Planning and Happy Cooking!

Monday 1/9
Breakfast: Oatmeal
            Lunch: Corn dogs, blueberries, chips
            Dinner: Crock-pot Italian chicken
Tuesday 1/10
            Breakfast: dry cereal (My kids’ favorite is Grape Nuts!)
            Lunch: Mac & Cheese w/ mini cocktail weenies (had these leftover)
            Dinner: Tacos/Burritos/ Salad
Wednesday 1/11
            Breakfast: Oatmeal
            Lunch: Fishsticks or Ham n’ Cheese, chips/pretzels, fruit
            Dinner: Leftovers (this possibly seems strange to have leftovers in the middle of the week, but my actual shopping week is Wed-Tues, so that’s how I actually plan my meals. This is the last day of our “week” so we often have leftovers to clean out the fridge! And, its church night, so we eat & run.)
Thursday 1/12 (Dad’s day off!!!)
            Breakfast: Pancakes, bacon, eggs (whatever the kids want)
Lunch: Homemade Bacon & Pepperoni Pizzas 
            Dinner: Corn dogs for the kids & Creamy Potato Soup for small group (aka My Guinea Pigs!)
Friday 1/13
            Breakfast: Pop-tarts (this week I’m going to make this healthy option & see how that goes.)
            Lunch: Cheese Quesadillas
            Dinner: Sweet Chicky Nuggets, mashed potatoes, corn, salad
Saturday 1/14
            Breakfast: Dry cereal or Oatmeal
            Lunch: Fishsticks or Ham ‘n Cheese, chips, fruit
            Dinner: Tater-Tot Casserole, green beans
Sunday 1/15
            Breakfast: OvernightCrock-pot Breakfast Casserole 
            Lunch: Crock-pot White Chicken Enchiladas
            Dinner: Homemade Macaroni & Cheese (this is our typical Sunday night meal. The hubster works overnights & so on Sunday’s he’s usually up until after lunch & then sleeps the rest of the day away until he returns to work that night. So, the kids get a yummy meal and mom takes it easy!)

Well, there ya have it!! As you can probably tell, my kids are VERY PICKY eaters! I’m slowly working on them, but as I quickly figured out – I can’t change their entire menu in one week. So, we’re trying new dinner dishes and seeing how those go for a while and then we’ll try changing up the lunches. My middles don’t like sandwiches (really the cold meats & sliced cheese is what they don’t like, but they’ll eat shredded cheese – WEIRD!) or certain kinds of pastas either. So, I try to sneak in new pastas when I can!

We’re getting there – slowly – but moving forward nonetheless. Meanwhile, I’m learning to enjoy the journey!!!

Blessings,
Annette

This email will post each Monday. I hope to have tabs/buttons soon to make it easy to subscribe to specific daily posts if you like! Be patient with me as I re-work my website. Thank you!!

No comments: