CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 23, 2012

Maid for Mondays: Kitchen organization - Week 2

"But, seeing as my littles are still sick, the pantry may have to be tackled next week. But I will have my cabinets and countertops cleaned and cleared for a fresh, new start!  I'm a little behind in my 52 week challenge (found here). But, life happens and I'm hopeful that I will catch up this week. So, this week I'm actually tackling 2 weeks at once. WOW!!!  I just hope I can make it all happen."

Those were my famous last words from last weeks post. Did I set myself up for failure or what?! I'm just gonna be honest with ya'll - it didn't all happen. I know...I know...shame on me. And, I really don't mean to give another excuse, but my best days to really deep clean or clean things out are Wednesday afternoon and Thursday. So, with 2 doctor's appointments and a surgery (tubes for our oldest daughter) scheduled on Wednesday for Friday (yes, just 2 days out) I got a little sidetracked. The list of "To Do" got pushed aside as I made babysitting plans for the boys on Friday morning (starting at 5:30am), the pre-op appointment, grocery shopping for the week (payday is Wed) and a host of other things floating around in my head! I also had to write and schedule my blog post for Friday and at least start my Saturday post. WOW!!! So much to do in a couple of days time. (Not to mention "mister mouse's" birthday party on Sunday that I was still preparing for! I've decided to call our almost 3yo "mister mouse" because that's how he talks to us...with a little mousy voice. Its so cute!)

HOWEVER...I did manage to get my island and countertops cleaned up! So, the week wasn't a total failure! But, as I've tried to remind myself...life happens and I must keep going. I am behind in my organization challenge, but the good thing is I can pick up where I left off!! I'm excited to tackle the cabinets this week! If I'm feeling REALLY ambitious I just might tackle the pantry, but we shall see. I've decided to take a cabinet each day to work my way around the kitchen. I might even do two a day, but at least one! That way I don't have things ALL over my kitchen that I can't get put back up before dinner prep time.

So, this week I've decided to take it slow in hopes that I'll get things done, while keeping up with the rest of my chores. This is an on-going problem I have...trying to tackle to much at once and then feeling like a failure when it doesn't happen. So, this year I'm turning over a new leaf and deciding not to feel like a failure and move on. But, I am still pushing forward with my home organization!

Blessings,
Annette

Who wants to join me in this 52 week challenge to getting our homes organized? Let me know if you're in!


Today I'm linking up to:




No comments: