CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Scriptural Sunday - 8 Jan 2012

"If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; 
the old has gone, the new has come."   
II Corinthians 5:17


This week has been full of emotion, trial and the normal stresses. But, one verse has comforted me throughout it all - 2 Corinthians 5:17. As with many people, the beginning of a new year causes me to reflect on my failures and successes of the previous year. And this year was no different. However, I felt that I had MANY more failures than successes and that, that discouraged me. Until I read 2 Corinthians 5:17 - I am a new creation because I am in Christ!! HALLELUJAH!! I may have failed at reaching my weight-loss goal after delivering baby #4, but I can start fresh and new in 2012! I may have failed at getting rid of my temper AT ALL TIMES - but I am given another chance in 2012. I have few successes for 2011, but I am so very thankful that I serve a MERCIFUL and MIGHTY God that will allow me to start fresh and new. I hope you'll join me in this new journey!! So, get up. Get started. And ask Christ to guide you through 2012!! With Him in charge, I know 2012 is going to be GREAT! Sure we're going to have bumps & bruises along the way. But nothing will come that He can't handle. In fact, he already knows what's coming. I just need to trust Him through it all!! I'm so excited and ready to see what 2012 has to offer - aren't you?


Blessings,
Annette


If you'd like to go deeper in your walk with Jesus, here is a GREAT site to get you started. They have many different newsletter types (topical, chronological) and frequencies (daily, weekly, 2x week...) to meet any need.

No comments: