CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Scriptural Sunday – 15 January 2012



“Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.”
I Peter 5:6-7

This Sunday I found myself at home with three, yes THREE, sick littles. My three youngest (ages 4.5m, 20m & 35m) have been cooped up in this house with RSV and I along with them. We’ve made 3 trips to the doctor and one to the ER. It’s been a long sleepless, exhausting, emotionally draining week. Frankly though, I don’t feel very rested today our “day of rest.” Maybe that’s why this verse kept playing over and over in my head. I may not be able to catch up on laundry, dishes or sleep, but if I humbly seek Him and cast all my cares upon Him, I will find rest. I will be restored. It may not be in the physical sense we’ve always known as “rest”, but I will find wholeness in Him. And that wholeness will restore my soul. And in thatthat restored soulthere I will find rest. I’m so thankful that I have a loving and caring Heavenly Father whom I can cast all my cares upon. He will take the burden from me - no matter how small it is He truly cares! What a blessing that is!

So, even though I may be completely exhausted from the long week of sickies in my house, I rest in the fact that my Heavenly Father can and will sustain me. He will be there for me at 2am when my 2yo can’t breath and needs a breathing treatment. He will be there for me at 9:30pm when the hubster is getting ready to leave for his overnight shift and I’m feeling all alone. He will even be there for me when I wake up from a blissfully restful night of sleep. Okaywho am I kidding? That never happens! But, someday it will and there He will bewaiting.

Blessings,
Annette


No comments: